BruceR

Default Life expectancy of planer blades???

I have a 12.5" Delta that is still on the original set. I figure I have
surfaced aprox. 200 bf of rough white oak, and maybe another 100 bf of
various soft woods.
The rough oak required about 1/4" of wood removal for the 200 feet in
small increments so I guess you could say I have planed away 50 feet of
white oak......

The blades are still sharp but showing signs of needing replacement
(more tear out)

-Bruce

Stephen M wrote:
I think the OP was looking for a rough guestimate with which to set his
expectations. I believe that IS and answerable question.

If you would post your experience, it would be another data point and more
useful than what you chose to post.

"George" wrote in message

Meaningless answers to an unanswerable question. They last until they're
too dull to plane the kind of wood you have to plane at the moment. Might
do the next variety well, but that's a horse of a different color.