Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing machine leaks

On Oct 21, 11:20*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
My Whirlpool washer is less than 5 years old and has always performed
flawlessly. *Just recently it has started to leak from the Left rear
corner, but in a strange way. *It leaks when first emptying the
original soapy water, but does not leak when emptying the rinse
water. * We have pulled it out and cleaned up the area that had globs
of soap on the floor. *OP suggests that maybe I have been using too
much (liquid) soap. *I don't think so, but am willing to entertain any
explanation. *But why is this showing up now after trouble-free years?

We *don't have a snake, but tried running a coathanger down the vent
to see if a sock or something is blocking, but it snags retty
quickly. *Maybe the pipe bends? *But if the vent pipe WERE clogged,
the rinse water would be leaking as well. *????

I am not in a great position to spend on a plumber, who might charge
me 1/4-1/2 of the washer's value, but will have to do it if NG doesn't
have any suggestions that we could implement at home.

Any input appreciated.

HB

Run a regular wash cycle without using any soap and see if it still
leaks.