Tim Douglass

Default OT - Social Security

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:09:11 -0500 (EST), (J
T) wrote:

Tue, Mar 2, 2004, 9:49am (EST-3)
(Larry*Blanchard)
claims:
OK, I cringe snip

From what I understand, once a congressman/woman or senator gets in
office, even if for just one term, they're covered, with a healthy
income for life (I was told 100% of their salary, but don't know if
that's true or not - given their past records tho, probably is). Same
with health care. So, they really aren't concerned about it, they've
already got theirs.

A politician's number one priority is getting into office. Once
in, their number one priority is staying in office.

You know, if I could get in for one term and retire with a living
pension I'd be all for the in and out approach. No way I'd want to
spend any more time hanging around those types than was absolutely
necessary.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com