Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Hall Bill Hall is offline

Default Match indoor paint color

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Need to paint my LR/DR walls. A certain beautiful green from a
picture mat.

I heard of a gadget -- spectro-something? -- that electronically
matches the color of the sample you bring in.

My nabe BM store doesn't have it.

Before I start calling around, does anyone have experience matching
colors with the gadget?

Appreciate your input.

HB

Have used the Analyzer at both Lowes and H.D. with good results. Try to
take a "chip sample" about 1"x1" and they should do a good job. Bear in
mind that a picture mat will have been reproduced numerous times and a
perfect match will be a "guess and by -golly" situation !!

HTH

Bill