Edwin Pawlowski

Default FS Grizzly Jointer Knives / Grizzy restocking fee joke? (long rant added)

"DexAZ" wrote in message
{rant mode "ON"}

I think it is too bad that today's retailers think they need to charge

their
customers (soon-to-be _former_ customers, in many cases) this "restocking
fee". In another life, I was in the retail electronics field. We sold a
good product and we worked hard to train our sales staff to assist our
customers in selecting the right product to fill that customers needs.

Today, many retailers are in for the quick buck, would rather compete with
price than quality, hire inexperienced help, offer minimal training and

seem
content with a "revolving door" staff.

Quick buck or not, we are bringing this on ourselves. As buyers, many of us
look for the lowest possible price. In your case, you had trained people
that probably got a decent wage and your customers paid a higher, but still
fair price. That type of business often struggles against the price
choppers. So when Joe Tyro buys the wrong item, or worse, takes advantage
of liberal "now questions asked" return policies instead of renting, who
pays? There is a cost to put an item back in stock or it may have to be
sold at a discount. Is that fair to all of u s? Shouldn't the abusers pay
instead?

There is no one rule to fit every situation, but there should be some
accountability for our own decisions.
Ed