Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default B.S. by Famiy Handyman magazine.

I would have to agree. I have stopped all subscriptions. I find that
they just repeat the same old stuff... Rarely anything of value.
I am more interested in furniture catalogs, to get ideas, and stuff.
How to build it, well the magazines rarely get into anything heady...
So it very basic. Finishing... They never really go deep. Tools... they
miss the mark so many times it's amazing. I think the advertising skews
them...

I will admit that sometimes I see a neat tip in the tips section, but
usually it's recycled over and over.

Most mags are just advertising.. rehashing... and sometimes bad
suggestions...

On 10/21/2011 2:22 PM, m II wrote:
Right here!

But **sigh** not my concern. I look at the magazine rack and see over 18
magazines at any given time and 'round 'ere, they run $10-$18 each. Not
even a chance when the main article is "How I built My Workbench for
under $500" . I have bought my share of mags in my day but when all I
can do it ick holes in somebody's woodworking guessing articles, it is
not worth the bucks or time.

You'll get there and looks like you have started.

My magazines are hand picked and not many have an article I want to pay
for, anymore.

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Maybe we should be cc'ing all our posts to
".

Someone must have the nerve, where's m II???