Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Heating one room

In article
,
writes

Best is a nice warm sweater. I just use a 2KW electric convector
heater to top up the warmth in my home office when the heating in the
rest of the house is off. I imagine an oil filled radiator would be an
even better choice.

As it is a very small room it only takes a couple of minutes to take
the edge off of the cold (and the IT equipment keeps it pretty warm
except when it is really cold outside).

Agreed although I found 2kW a bit aggressive in a small room so I
disconnected one of the 2 x 1Kw elements in it. Get one with a
thermostat.

I've also found that convector heat can be a bit eye drying, so again I
agree that an oil filled thermostatic radiator could be better.
--
fred