Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Jenn-Air Repair Insurance Worthwhile?

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:33:54 -0500, Hell Toupee wrote
Re Jenn-Air Repair Insurance Worthwhile?:

My brother bought a Jenn-Air range and had the electronic panel on it
die in just under a year. The company replaced it under warranty. The
replacement died a little more than a year later. He was told it'd run
$230 for a replacement.

He opted to replace the entire stove with a
different brand.

Smart move.

Agreed. We made the mistake of repairing the Jenn-Aire range which was in
the house when we bought it. Since it was only a year old when it died (2
weeks after we bought the house!) we repaired it. And again a year
later...and replaced it when it died the next year. I would NEVER buy any
Jenn-Aire product. Over-priced and very poor quality.