Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Store aluminum ladder outdoors?

On 10/20/2011 3:48 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:42 pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:24:20 -0700, Steve B wrote:
wrote

Just curious...

"my open vehicle sheds" vs. "the back wall"

Does "open" mean 3 sided - i.e. just no door?

Yeah, that's the critter :-) We're on an old farm and have a couple out
back which will take two (large) vehicles each (plus a big enclosed
garage nearer to the house, so the sheds mostly get used for random
storage).

Maybe there's a better term for them (I'm an ex-Brit and we would have
called them 'open' there, even though they have walls on 3 sides, but I
suppose that doesn't necessarily make a lot of sense!)

cheers

Jules

In the states we have an extremely technical term for that type of
building:

We call it "a shed without a door". ;-)

I always heard them called tractor sheds.

Much like carports, really, since the walls usually don't go down to
grade level.

--
aem sends....