Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Store aluminum ladder outdoors?

Myself, and other contractors store ladders on the roof of
the van all year. The dogs corrode, and need to be sprayed
with PB Blaster before use. Springs rot out. But, overall,
the ladders survive some how.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dgk" wrote in message
news I have an aluminum extension ladder that I use every other
year or so
to get on the roof, otherwise it takes up space in the
garage. Can I
just leave it under the deck in the backyard? It will get
wet but
shouldn't rust although I guess the rope that operates the
extension
will rot and need to be replaced. Will the mechanism itself
develop
problems?