Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shopvac rubber band

My shop vac has a green foam, not a pleated. I take it out
doors, power up the vac. Take the mechanism off the
canister. Put the hose on "exhaust". Turn off my hearing
aids. turn on the blower. Use the blower to undust the green
foam. Try not to breathe in the dust.

Works, for me!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vic Smith" wrote in
message ...

My ShopVac "hangup" has a pleated filter, but they sell a
foam jacket
that goes over it.
I should get one.
The pleated filter raises a lot dust when I clean it.
Basically you
have to take it outside and bang it on something hard.
That's what I do anyway.
Seems I never clean it except when I need it, and I don't
want to wait
for it to dry
Thinking the foam might clean up easily with a rinse in the
laundry
tub, and make for less frequent cleaning of the pleated
filter.
Any pleated filter cleaning tips welcomed.
And thanks for "mulching wet leaves" advice.

--Vic