Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shopvac rubber band

On Oct 20, 4:22*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:28 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:

I know nothing of "paper filters over pleated filters" which might
explain why I never heard of that whole rubber band gizmo.

Strictly pleated filters in my Craftsman wet-dry vac.

My ShopVac "hangup" has a pleated filter, but they sell a foam jacket
that goes over it.
I should get one.
The pleated filter raises a lot dust when I clean it. *Basically you
have to take it outside and bang it on something hard.
That's what I do anyway.
Seems I never clean it except when I need it, and I don't want to wait
for it to dry
Thinking the foam might clean up easily with a rinse in the laundry
tub, and make for less frequent cleaning of the pleated filter.
Any pleated filter cleaning tips welcomed.
And thanks for "mulching wet leaves" advice.

--Vic

"Basically you have to take it outside and bang it on something
hard."

There's more than one way to "bang it on something hard".

I take mine outside and throw it up as high as I can, letting it come
down and "bang" on the street or in my yard. That tends to keep the
dust well away from me since I can throw it outward as well as up.

Three or four throws and most of the fine stuff is blowin' in the
wind.