Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Shopvac rubber band

On 10/20/2011 1:22 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:28 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I know nothing of "paper filters over pleated filters" which might
explain why I never heard of that whole rubber band gizmo.

Strictly pleated filters in my Craftsman wet-dry vac.

My ShopVac "hangup" has a pleated filter, but they sell a foam jacket
that goes over it.
I should get one.
The pleated filter raises a lot dust when I clean it. Basically you
have to take it outside and bang it on something hard.
That's what I do anyway.
Seems I never clean it except when I need it, and I don't want to wait
for it to dry
Thinking the foam might clean up easily with a rinse in the laundry
tub, and make for less frequent cleaning of the pleated filter.

the foam doesn't catch much fine stuff, just the large stuff.

Any pleated filter cleaning tips welcomed.

blow it out with your compressor. i've found banging it on something
tends to crack it over time.

And thanks for "mulching wet leaves" advice.

--Vic