Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shopvac rubber band

On Oct 20, 3:33*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:25*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Oct 20, 2:41*pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Used my six gallon shop vac yesterday. The old one, with the
metal canister. Decided to empty it.

Well, the rubber band that holds the paper filter is no
where to be found. Filter is, of course, laying in the
bottom of the canister.

I have a couple spare filters. I remember they came with
spare rubber band, but that replacement rubber band is no
where to be found.

Today I was in Dollar Tree, and they had "childrens head
bands" in various bright colors. Eight for a buck. Sure,
worth a try. And wonders, they are the right size. I used
four of them on my shop vac filter, and put four on the
shelf with the empty bags.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What kind of shop-vac uses a rubber band to hold filter on?

My Craftsman *had* a plastic bar with a nut in the middle that screwed
onto a threaded rod to hold the filter on.

That bar is long gone - years. Now I use a small spring clamp on the
end of the thread rod. It's actually much easier to use than the
threaded bar. Squeeze on---squeeze off instead of spin-spin-spin off---
line-up-nut-on-rod, spin-spin-spin on.

I think he's talking about the paper filter that fits over the pleated
filter.

R- Hide quoted text -

I know nothing of "paper filters over pleated filters" which might
explain why I never heard of that whole rubber band gizmo.

Strictly pleated filters in my Craftsman wet-dry vac.