Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default GE rant, and oven controll board problem

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:06:35 -0700 (PDT), George Herold
put finger to keyboard and composed:

We have a GE profile electric oven (made in 1993).

A model number may help.

A photo of the board would be nice, too.

Count yourself lucky, George.

I got an MTBF of 3.5 years out of my Maytag
(JennAir) oven. I cut it up with an oxy torch a couple
weeks ago. Highly recommended repair procedure
for that manufacturer (and highly satisfying).

What Franc said.

http://www.repairclinic.com/
Click on 'Help me find my model number'
(Middle left side of page)

http://www.repairclinic.com/Range-Stove-Oven-Troubleshooting?red=Range-Stove-Oven-Repair-Help

Part examples, some are well under $100.
http://www.repairclinic.com/GE-Range...Or-Timer-Parts

--Winston -- repairclinic.com. No business relationship but a really happy customer.