LRod

Default My Unisaw Saga

On 02 Mar 2004 14:43:09 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

LRod writes:

Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

Minor nit. Hogs (acutally, pigs) find truffles. Squirrels find acorns.

Those are French pigs. I won't take that any further. But obvoiusly you don't
live in the country.

Comedy 101. The point of the metaphor is that even seriously
disadvantaged servants occasionally achieve success in their area of
expertise should sufficient opportunities be presented.

It's not about servants in other fields, no matter how ubiquitous
their presence.

Thus, although squirrels are known for finding acorns, and we might
presume a blind one would have a serious disadvantage, the sheer
proliferation of acorns plus genetics assures that the blind one would
occasionally have success.

Similarly, (french) pigs are used for hunting truffles, and although
we might presume a blind one would have a serious disadvantage, the
sheer proliferation of truffles (albeit buried) plus genetics assures
that the blind pig would occasionally have success.

That the argement can be made that a pig, blind or otherwise, will dig
up anything is utterly beside the point.

In a New Hampshire Jewelry sto "Ears pierced while you wait."

I posted about that the other day, except it was Tattoo Charlies;
Tattoos While You Wait. I asked, "what other way is there?"

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net