Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Store aluminum ladder outdoors?

On 20 Oct 2011 13:33:52 GMT, Sjouke Burry wrote:

dgk wrote in news460a7t3rkbe2qdlcjoojhcmp5niidkegt@
4ax.com:

I have an aluminum extension ladder that I use every other year or so
to get on the roof, otherwise it takes up space in the garage. Can I
just leave it under the deck in the backyard? It will get wet but
shouldn't rust although I guess the rope that operates the extension
will rot and need to be replaced. Will the mechanism itself develop
problems?

Why provide extra means of entry for burglary?
They love people who leave ladders for them......

Chain it to the deck support with a padlock.