Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Store aluminum ladder outdoors?

On 10/20/2011 7:50 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In om,
"Steve wrote:

wrote in message
news
I have an aluminum extension ladder that I use every other year or so
to get on the roof, otherwise it takes up space in the garage. Can I
just leave it under the deck in the backyard? It will get wet but
shouldn't rust although I guess the rope that operates the extension
will rot and need to be replaced. Will the mechanism itself develop
problems?

I leave all three of mine outdoors. Other than the rope rotting, and the
plastic on the pulleys if there are plastic pulleys, they wear well. I
would just place them somewhere they are somewhat protected, and you don't
have to dig through the snow to get at it.

I would agree with everything except that part about putting where
you don't have to dig it out of the snow. I would want it exactly where
I would have to dig it out of the snow. I can't think of a reason why I
would want to get on a ladder when it is that cold out, so any excuse I
can use is a good one (g)

winter storm blowing a hole in the roof that you want to cover?

hanging the xmas lights at last minute, or taking them down in jan?