Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:03:10 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 01:41:19 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

It was on RTTV that it is perfectly legal for congressmen in the USA
to do insider trading.
Is this correct?

The accepted policy is that elected officials put their investments
into a blind trust but I am not sure it is the law.

I believe it's only the President and Vice President who (are required to?) do
this. Senators and Representatives certainly don't.

That does not keep them from having their cousin or friends doing the
trading tho.
More troubling is the un elected officials who shuttle back and forth
from regulating an industry to working in it. Guys like Geithner and
Paulson spring to mind.
Why was anyone shocked that the former CEO of Goldman Sachs made sure
Goldman got bailed out and Lehman was allowed to fail.

Was anyone?