Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 20, 5:21 am, harry wrote:
On Oct 20, 1:55 am, RicodJour wrote:

That smacks of NIMBY and I've-Got-Mine-Tough-On-You. To make it fair
all the way around, I'd extend that to include refusing healthcare
coverage to people that can pay, but who are so old and/or ill that it
is simply a useless extension of life. Check out the statistics on
end of life surgery and procedures. The amount spent is absurd.
Nobody is supposed to live forever.

I think you'll change your tune when you get a bit older and someone
wants to chuck YOU on the scrap heap.

Allow me to properly parse what you wrote so I may address each psuedo-
concept you raise.

"I think"
That's an automatic non-starter as you don't think - you only react
based on your limited knowledge and pre-conceived notions. You define
the knee-jerk armchair quarterback curmudgeon.

"you'll change your tune"
For better or worse, as many on this newsgroup can attest, I am
remarkably consistent. If someone presents better information, I will
incorporate that into my viewpoint. I will not ignore valid
information. You have yet to provide any information that isn't
colored with the blackest bile. I am only human and tune such things
out as invalid. Negativity begets negativity. You many notice this
when people in your own family are humming while you are talking.

"when you get a bit older"
Most likely my life is between 50% (very optimistic) and 99.9% (watch
out for that bus!) over. Frankly I'm okay with either one. I'm
really curious to see "what's on the other side", but I am also really
curious to see what the future has in store.

"and someone wants to chuck YOU on the scrap heap."
I'll be diving onto the scrap heap if it comes to that. I don't want
to live forever. My sister is a geriatric counselor, and most of my
family has been involved in the medical industry - I know what
prolonging life is about, and that's not for me. When the quality of
life gets bad enough, I'll take myself out of the equation. I don't
view that as such a big deal and not something to be horrified about.
When it's time, I'll mosey along.