Posted to alt.home.repair
TomC[_2_] TomC[_2_] is offline

Default Store aluminum ladder outdoors?

dgk wrote in news460a7t3rkbe2qdlcjoojhcmp5niidkegt@
4ax.com:

I have an aluminum extension ladder that I use every other year or so
to get on the roof, otherwise it takes up space in the garage. Can I
just leave it under the deck in the backyard? It will get wet but
shouldn't rust although I guess the rope that operates the extension
will rot and need to be replaced. Will the mechanism itself develop
problems?

I keep a 28' ladder in my garage along a wall. I stack 2 cinder blocks
under both ends, lay the ladder down flat on them and cover with a couple
of long boards. Makes for a great storage shelf! Downside is you have to
empty the shelf to use the ladder.
TomC