Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default cleaning car headlights

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:00:41 +0000 (UTC)
Jules Richardson wrote:

We've got about 210,000mi on the car at the moment, and the clear
plastic lenses for the headlights are getting decidedly
yellowed/murky after so long - they're getting to the point where
taping candles to the front of the vehicle might be more effective

I keep seeing ads for some sort of restorative polish stuff (which
may well be snake oil) - but it got me wondering if a DIY concoction
might be worth a try - e.g. I've found in the past that combinations
of toothpaste and baking powder work very well for removing scratches
from CDs, for instance, but I wondered if anyone can recommend any
other home remedies? :-)

cheers

Jules

When I was in the US, the stuff you want was regularly advertised on
TV, made by a well-known company. I'll try to find out what it was
called.
--
Davey.