Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default cleaning car headlights

If its actually gone yellow though its probably UV damage.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Tim" wrote in message
Jules Richardson wrote:
We've got about 210,000mi on the car at the moment, and the clear plastic
lenses for the headlights are getting decidedly yellowed/murky after so
long - they're getting to the point where taping candles to the front of
the vehicle might be more effective

I keep seeing ads for some sort of restorative polish stuff (which may
well be snake oil) - but it got me wondering if a DIY concoction might be
worth a try - e.g. I've found in the past that combinations of toothpaste
and baking powder work very well for removing scratches from CDs, for
instance, but I wondered if anyone can recommend any other home
remedies? :-)

cheers

Jules

Brasso used to be recommended for cleaning cloudly plastic windows in
flexible soft tops on convertibles. Might be worth a shot.

Tim