Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Reverse Air con

So is this a way to cool the world and heat up your conservatory then?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

wrote in message
We have a conservatory which as expected gets freezing cold in winter.
I need to heat it.
My understanding is that It is against the Building control exemption
to extend our gas central heating

Your understanding is incorrect..
you can extend the heating but you have to have a better control system
that can isolate the conservatory.
A stat and a zone valve will fit the bill.

At the home improvement show recently at Earls Court was a company
selling air con units which can run in reverse cycle The supplier
claims that these units working in reverse will give 3.5 usuable
units per unit of electricity used I am not interested in the cooling
prowess as this is not an issue
Does anyone have anyone have any real world view of this ? Do they
work properly?
It all sounds too good to be true

They can do that.
They may not do that depending on the air temperature and humidity.