Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Homemade leaf collector

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:46:00 -0700, JIMMIE wrote:

On Oct 19, 7:00Â*am, bob haller wrote:
On Oct 19, 5:59Â*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?

feature=player_embedded&v=TNty8QNITpg

very good idea, low cost, using whats available. too bad he didnt show
off the impeller, wonder what it looks like?

I like the idea of the direct drive, my father in law made something
similar using a blower with belt drive. With exposed belts his was a
"fool killer". His sides were made of EMT conduit and poultry curtain
material. To unload you just folded the sides down and shoveled it off
with a grain shovel.

I'm not sure about having the impeller so high up where it'd likely get
me right in the back if it underwent catastrophic failure, though - I've
seen commercial baggers where they're lower down, by the hitch, which
puts a lot more metal inbetween them and me. :-)

I've got a couple of acres of lawn here, and the same again for trees -
most of the leaves just blow away, and I've always just left the ones
that remain - they've usually gone by the first mow of the next season.
Still, I do have a spare trailer and a spare 3.5HP mower engine - I'm
resisting the urge to start another "project"

cheers

Jules