Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_26_] Andy[_26_] is offline

Default Store aluminum ladder outdoors?

On Oct 20, 7:51 am, dgk wrote:
I have an aluminum extension ladder that I use every other year or so
to get on the roof, otherwise it takes up space in the garage. Can I
just leave it under the deck in the backyard? It will get wet but
shouldn't rust although I guess the rope that operates the extension
will rot and need to be replaced. Will the mechanism itself develop
problems?

Andy replies:

I leave mine outside and , after many years, have noticed no
deterioration in the metal.... HOWEVER, I use mine mostly for
cleaning out gutters, and have some shag carpet duct taped
around the top 2 feet so it won't scratch the gutter that U
set it against..... That deteriorates.... I am considering just
making some carpet "sleeves" that I can slip on an off.....
Just an idea...
Maybe some innovative inventor will make a product like that
and get rich ....

Andy in Eureka, Texas