Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default B.S. by Famiy Handyman magazine.

On 10/20/2011 6:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:02:00 -0400,
wrote:

My recent issue arrived with a separate page explaining that "this is a
special issue and that it will count as two of your subscriber issues,
and the duration of your subscription will be adjusted accordingly."

Here is my email reply:

-------------------------
Dear The Family Handyman,

I had to laugh when I read the insert that you provided my my magazine:
" .. We are treating it as a special issue that will count towards
two of your subscriber issuses."
except for the fact that you're wasting my time.

My reason for asking you to treat it only as ONE issue for me is:
*** What the hell do you think this is??? We had a contract!!! ***

I am very unsatisfied which your magazines conduct in this matter. I
find it VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and I hope that it does not happen again.
-------------------------

If you're a subscriber, take notice and don't let them try to pull that
crap. FWIW, regular issue ~100 pages, this one was 130 and seems to
include more advertising than usual.

September's issue was 108 pages, the "big new" October was 128 pages.
I haven't yet tallied up the content v. ad space yet and written to
them, but I think I'll ream them like I did the idiot at Netflix. Who
ARE these people?

That's the spirit!!! : )

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a