Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Homemade leaf collector

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:46:08 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Oct 19, 1:40Â*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 10/19/2011 11:17 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Harry K wrote:

Mulching the leaves should not harm the lawn.

Viruses, fungii and other nasty pathogens to trees are found on leaves
and these tree diseases will return year after year if you don't remove
the leaves in the fall.

Wow! Â*It's a miracle there are such things as "forests". Â*How did they
ever survive without people gathering the leaves?

Well, they didn't have internet experts to tell them the "facts"

I never saw a forest with a lawn anyway.
Tried running over leaves with my mulching mower a few days ago.
Most of the leaves either blew away or piled up in front of the mower,
falling off to the sides as I moved forward.
Tried levering up the mower and putting it down on piles of leaves.
About 90% of them blew away from the mower.
When I saw I would have to go over the lawn about 18 times I decided
to give up on that, and just rake them up into piles like always, and
dump them on the street by the curb.
Town comes by and removes them.

--Vic