Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT -- work bench light for van

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
And, on sale, now. Half price, with coupon, for inside track
members. That's the one I tried earlier today. It's a bit of
a spot light, but not too bad. Needs a screw driver to get
at the three AAA cells. I like the 3 / 27 choice. And I also
like the hanging hook, and the magnet. Wish they had used AA
cells, not AAA.

Agree about the screwdriver access and the AAA choice. TruValue sells them
for about six bucks and the light was bright enough to be noticed even in a
well-lit store. I will be picking up a couple on my next HF trip. I find
that multiple LED heads give off a nice, shadowless light that's useful for
working on small things. Single, high wattage LED's usually cast harsh
shadows that I find make working under them difficult. I've bought a lot of
100 LED flashlights because the light is even, diffuse and very, very white.
I've attached one to the vacuum cleaner wand because the super bright and
white light can really show where the dirt is. While I can't see it even in
bright sunlight, with the multi-LED flashlight I can see all the doghair
that builds up in places the Roomba can't get to.

I'll bet you can wire them up to "D" cells which would probably last a long,
long time even if left on constantly.

--
Bobby G.