Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Lawnmowing question

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:36:57 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I have a decent Honda self drive mower with a bagger. The grass seems not
to all go into the bagger, but leaves trails behind the mower, which I
have
to rake up. I have checked underneath, and all the passages are clear.
Should I power wash it really good to get some of the surface crud off it?
Is this normal? Is there something to set in there that I'm not setting.
If I take the bag off, there is a flap that comes down, and I guess would
mulch everything. But then, I think I'd just have more cut grass to rake.

Steve

If you are bagging go clockwise. Mulching counterclockwise.

Wouldn't that depend if you are in the Northern or Southern hemisphere? I
never really thought about it, but will try to be sure this next mowing.
Think I'm going to clean under the deck, as well as touch up the blade.

Steve