Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmowing question

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:09:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Oct 19, 5:54*pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:36:57 -0700, "Steve B"

wrote:
I have a decent Honda self drive mower with a bagger. *The grass seems not
to all go into the bagger, but leaves trails behind the mower, which I have
to rake up. *I have checked underneath, and all the passages are clear.
Should I power wash it really good to get some of the surface crud off it?
Is this normal? *Is there something to set in there that I'm not setting.
If I take the bag off, there is a flap that comes down, and I guess would
mulch everything. *But then, I think I'd just have more cut grass to rake.

Steve

Overlap the cut path. Remember the blade is only so long :-/

P.S. I do not rake mulched grass. *It stays on the ground to become
nutrients.

I agree. I had a Honda and it was the best mulcher,
cutting it into really small pieces. Mowing once a week
during peak season I had no problem leaving the grass.
I think if you want to rake you definitely don't want to
mulch.

I have a fairly high-end Honda. I end up, about once a year, bagging the
clippings. Often, it's the first mowing of the season, since I leave it
fairly long. The mulcher is better, but the bagger works fine. I've never
had to rake.