Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Lawnmowing question

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:54:25 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:36:57 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I have a decent Honda self drive mower with a bagger. The grass seems not
to all go into the bagger, but leaves trails behind the mower, which I have
to rake up. I have checked underneath, and all the passages are clear.
Should I power wash it really good to get some of the surface crud off it?
Is this normal? Is there something to set in there that I'm not setting.
If I take the bag off, there is a flap that comes down, and I guess would
mulch everything. But then, I think I'd just have more cut grass to rake.

Steve

Overlap the cut path. Remember the blade is only so long :-/

P.S. I do not rake mulched grass. It stays on the ground to become
nutrients.

Meant to add: Are you sure the blade is a mulching blade?