Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jenn-Air Repair Insurance Worthwhile?

On Oct 19, 4:22*pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:25:02 -0700, Dwight
wrote:

We have a Jenn-Air down draft stove that has worked fine for several years.

We are now offered repair warranty for $258 for the next three years.

Ordinarily I never buy equipment warranties, figuring that they are just
a profit scheme.

But perhaps there is something I dont know abut this product. I know
that appliances are often built to last only five years nowadays.

Any suggestions??

Thank you.

Dwight

Sure! Don't buy the warranty. Bank the $258 for when or if you do need
a repair.

+1

And if you have even basic skills, good chance you
can fix a stove, or at least many things on it, yourself.
Then the only cost is the parts