Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

In article ,
says...

On 10/19/2011 9:17 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In ,
says...

On 10/17/2011 7:09 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In ,
says...

On 10/17/2011 10:30 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 03:50:08 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:

You have some cases to cite?

Here's a very few, just to get you started. Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316
U.S. 535 (1942) Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 479 (1965) Eisenstadt
v. Baird, 405 U.S. 438 (1972) Carey v. Population Services Int'l, 431
U.S. 678 (1977)

I looked those up. They all were primarily about the right to
contraception.

From Eisenstadt, at pg. 453:

"If the right of privacy means anything, it is the right of the
individual, married or single, to be free from unwarranted government
intrusion into matters so fundamentally affecting a person as the
decision whether to bear or beget a child."

From Carey, at pg. 687:

"The teaching of Griswold is that the Constitution protects individual
decisions in matters of childbearing from unjustified intrusion by the
state."

Neither of those is a ruling by the court, those are statements made in
explaining their reasoning.

Do you seriously think no one has a right to make individual decisions
in matters of procreation?

When you get me appointed to the Supreme Court then my opinion in the
matter will have some bearing on the law. Until then it is irrelevant.
The courts have not denied the government the power to prevent an
individual from procreating, but the courts have required the government
to allow individuals to obtain the means to prevent procreation.

You plainly do not understand constitutional law regarding individual
rights vs. government powers.

You plainly do not understand the rulings that you claim support your
argument. And you're getting boring.