Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 19, 11:06*am, "Robert Green"
wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

On Oct 17, 10:34 pm, BobR wrote:

On Oct 17, 10:39 am, RicodJour wrote:

One more question - when you're wandering around lost do you slow
down, maybe ask for directions, look for landmarks, and generally take
your time to decide on the best direction?

Or do you just keep wandering around lost and hope for the best?

One question for you...why were you wandering around in the first
place. Maybe it's the pilot training but even before I became a pilot
I always had a plan and charted my course in advance. Could it be
that the main problem is that too many have just set off without a
plan, with no set destination, and ended up going in circles.

And if your plan sucked, you got lost. *What happens if it wasn't your
plan, and you were just along for the ride?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

Lots of people attribute to skill and foresight what really turns out to be
luck. *People who take great care of their bodies still get cancer while
many of those who didn't take such good care, don't. *Most bankruptcies are
caused by unforeseen medical bills and they happen to people who have health
insurance. *No one knows what their policy *really* covers until they are
too sick to fight a denial.

Do you feel the current economic plan is working? *Social plan? *How's
the war going (pick one)?

I think many of the Tea Partiers realize that they acheived financial
security in a much hotter market with jobs that provided significantly more
benefits and they fear redistribution of that wealth to people living in
today's much tougher times.

As well they and all other Americans should fear income
redistribution.
Why would they be OK with govt taking their hard earned money and
giving it to someone else? Like one of those hippie protesters that
say they won't take a min wage job?

*Back then, a man could raise a family and send
his kids to college without his wife having to work. *Those days are long,
long gone. *

Not if you do the right things. Unemployment right now
for those with college degrees is 4.5%. If you stay in school,
don't get pregnant at 17 and have 3 kids, etc there is no
reason people today cannot have a family on one income.

What has happened is that because of the changing
WORLD economy, it is harder for say a high school dropout
to have a comfortable middle class life. Or someone that
doesn't go to college or acquire other specialized skills.
In the 60s you could be a dropout and get a good job
at GM or US Steel and do nicely. A lot of those jobs are
gone forever, lost to robots, and the rise of other economies.
As the world becomes more high tech, if you don't have
the right education or skills, you have a lesser chance
of doing well.
But who;s fault is that? The rich guy or investors that own the
factory with the robots? Or is it personal responsibility of the job
seeker?

Retirees starting to draw from their 401K's probably don't
realize that unless they have kids who are struggling. *Try getting a job in
your 50's. *Most companies won't admit it, but they know older employees
will cause their health costs to soar so they avoid them unless there's no
other choice.

How many people around you are voicing their opinion that things are just
dandy? *I'm guessing not one.

Lots of people have no contact with the young or the poor. *They really
don't know how tough it's gotten for a lot of families.

Things have to change. *That much is clear. *So we can all start pulling
our oars any damn old way, or we can pick a plan and pull in unison.

Goldman Sachs posted its first loss since the Great Almost Depression II. *I
think even the Tea Party will have to come around to the idea that the
bailout had to be done and that Wall St. and its love of exotic financial
vehicles was behind the Great Mess.

And there you go again. As I and countless others here have
told you, the list of those responsible for the recession is long
and goes from Wall Street, to Govt, to Mainstreet.
Yet, being the lib, you have a one track mind. Did wall street
force anyone to buy a house with no money down, using
the max of their one paycheck to support the loan? Wall
Street didn't even make the actual loan to begin with.
Yet, you blame WS exclusively and never the irresponsible
fool that bought the damn house.

*I believe OWS will have staying power
as more and more people become homeless or unemployed.

I believe they have smell power. Do you realize that in a poll
taken of them in NYC, over a third said Al-Qaeda and the
USA were morally about the same? How's that sit with
you? How about all the ones with signs calling for the
destruction of capitalism? Or that claim Monsanto is
changing our DNA?

The reality is that employment-wise, we're close to being as bad off now as
we were in 1929 - the figures are just jiggered to make today look better..

According to you.

Without the FDIC, Social Security and Medicare we would be in deep trouble.
If you believe in omens, the huge dust storm in Texas was a reminder of what
happened in the 30's with the Dust Bowl. * We're in a very bad position
because I don't think we're going to be able to deal with a serious shock to
the economy. *The kind that Nature is known to deal out at random all over
the world.

Working in unison almost always starts with stopping calling people names
and listening.

We've got a long way to go. *Most people are preaching to their own choirs
and foolishly trying to convince people to join their side through insults.

I'm not trying to convince you to join anything, because I know
you're a long winded, lost cause, that's all emotion, no facts.
Your main purpose in life seems to be starting off topic posts
and reviving other ones that died weeks ago.

I'm beginning to think that all societies eventually polarize to the point
where they dissolve and reform. *I can't actually believe that anyone old
enough to remember how rivers used to look and how much smog floated over LA
would seriously want to abolish the EPA. *Yet many do, either because of
faulty memories or brainwashing at the hands of industry shills.

--
Bobby G.

But who brainwashed you?