Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 19, 11:22*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*"Robert Green" wrote:

The top 1% get 16% of the income yet pay 34.3% of income taxes.

What's the problem? *They have made the most of the system's many benefits.

Now that's a classic, isn't it?
Robert;s the one constantly restarting the same class warfare crap.
Now he acts like he's OK with the present share of taxes the rich
pay. BTW, according to statistics, the top 1% actually pay about
40% of the tax burden. Yet, that isn't enough for him or the
fool hippies sleeping in the park in NYC.

Ive seen libs asked a simple question and have yet to see
one give an answer. A rich guy makes $100. How much
of that should govt take?

* *The problem is they are already paying their share, and part of mine,
and a bit of yours. If they were really ripping off the poor, their
shares of taxes paid and income would be a lot closer. If the
hyperventilation crowd was correct, they would paying LESS than their
part of the income stream, not double.

While I can understand, in principle, that people should get to keep
everything they've earned, in reality, it doesn't bother me much that a
hedge fund boss earning $100M gets to part with a lot of it especially since
I'm pretty sure part of it came from MY pension fund.

* *Not yours since you don't own it.

*When wealth gets overconcentrated, the whole economy suffers and social unrest begins to
form, especially if they just sit on the cash and don't invest in productive
AMERICAN businesses. *If that money helps build up China's manufacturing
prowess, I'm for having them pay 50% or more of their income in taxes. *As
HomeGuy's post noted, the uber-rich make lots of money just by having money.

The post based on alleged facts from an anonymous party? The post
that doesn't even tell us in the end what percent taxes the very upper
part of the highest 1% pays?
Great source.

* *And they pay taxes on it.

This is income on their income taxes. The top 1% pay an effective rate
of 20.4% while the two lowest
quintiles have a negative rate because they get more back than they put in
(credits over and above whatever they get back in withholding). If you
do the total effective rate (including SS and excise taxes (the rate
runs around 31% and 4.5% respectively.

I can only assume from your familiarity with how the rich are taxed that
you're among them. *More power to you.

Gee, I thought Robert would know how the rich are taxed.
He's the one always bitching about it. But, apparently he's
as clueless about that as everything else. Typical lib, all
emotion, no facts.