Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default OT Has anyone had any luck boosting cell phone signal in the house?

On Oct 19, 9:01*am, rlz wrote:
On Oct 19, 8:32*am, "John Simpson"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" *wrote in message

.. .

Can you get some kind of antenna transmitter booster that will help
getting signal in the house. *Calls can be made from the yard and in
the house, but not reliably.

Do a Google search for cell repeaters.

I installed a Wilson cell amplifier in my house. *Basically an antenna
is mounted on your roof that is pointed to the nearest cell tower. *A
cable is needed that runs from the outside antenna to inside the
house, where a amplifier and transmitter is installed. *I installed
mine about 5-7 years ago and the cost was about $600 for materials, *I
went from barely having 1 bar on my cell phone to having 4-5 bars.
The hardest part is aligning the outside antenna. *It has to be
pointed with pinpoint accuracy (within 3 degrees). *When I installed
mine, I had my cordless phone with me up on the roof and my wife had
her cell phone telling me the bar strength on my blackberry down in
the basement office. *Once we received a strong bar signal on the
blackberry, I tightened down the antenna and it's been working fine
since then.

Robin

Forgot to put the link of the company that I used.
http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/

Robin