Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default OT Has anyone had any luck boosting cell phone signal in the house?

On Oct 19, 8:32*am, "John Simpson"
wrote:
"Metspitzer" *wrote in message

Can you get some kind of antenna transmitter booster that will help
getting signal in the house. *Calls can be made from the yard and in
the house, but not reliably.

Do a Google search for cell repeaters.

I installed a Wilson cell amplifier in my house. Basically an antenna
is mounted on your roof that is pointed to the nearest cell tower. A
cable is needed that runs from the outside antenna to inside the
house, where a amplifier and transmitter is installed. I installed
mine about 5-7 years ago and the cost was about $600 for materials, I
went from barely having 1 bar on my cell phone to having 4-5 bars.
The hardest part is aligning the outside antenna. It has to be
pointed with pinpoint accuracy (within 3 degrees). When I installed
mine, I had my cordless phone with me up on the roof and my wife had
her cell phone telling me the bar strength on my blackberry down in
the basement office. Once we received a strong bar signal on the
blackberry, I tightened down the antenna and it's been working fine
since then.

Robin