Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Is this forklift worth it?

azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus25480" wrote in message
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2654254555.html

I saw it. It starts right away and seems to function just fine. 10k
capacity. 48" forks.

The age is 30 years old (1981).

The ad says OBO, wait a while and make an offer. $3800 seems a little
high to me. Maybe a newer fork lift with side shift will show up. I used to
deal with chicago lift trucks to do most of my repairs, good guys at
reasonable
prices. Maybe give them a call and see if they have any used fork lifts for
sale. They should be in the chicago yellow pages.

Just a word of warning Iggy, many forklifts do not have the side shift
option because inexperienced operators have been known to tip forklifts
over using that feature improperly.