Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25480 Ignoramus25480 is offline

Default Is this forklift worth it?

On 2011-10-19, Paul Drahn wrote:
On 10/18/2011 2:15 PM, Ignoramus25480 wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2654254555.html

I saw it. It starts right away and seems to function just fine. 10k
capacity. 48" forks.

The age is 30 years old (1981).

Can't tell from the picture, does it have automatic transmission? Yes is
a plus.

Does it have side shift on the forks? Yes is a plus.

Is it propane fuel? Yes is a plus.

Are forks short or long? You may need long forks for some equipment.

Is there a rack behind the forks to keep things from being pushed off
the back of a pallet?

Can the forks be moved closer or further apart? Most can.

Should be an hour meter on the machine. If not it may have been removed
for a reason.

Paul

There is a hour meter, it reads 4300 hours. What I do not know is
whether it means 4300 or 14300 or 24300. The insides do look like
4300, such as the exhaust manifold not badly rusted.

No side shift. Forks are 48" (short) moveable.