Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

wrote in message
stuff snipped

The economy was not as much "looted" as it was artificially inflated
with easy money and subsequently that bubble popped.
The "trillions" that disappeared from the economy never really existed
in the first place. There were 20 years of bad political decisions
that led up to that. There is plenty of blame to spread around. Wall
Street was just doing what the government told them to do.

I respectfully submit that may be backwards. I think it was the government
that was doing what Wall St. told it to do. The system was set up so that
Wall St. made money even when a house was sold to someone who probably
couldn't make the payments. They got fees, commissions and more fees.
Sadly, the states made loads of money in real estate transfer fees, real
estate taxes, etc.

--
Bobby G.