Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default CMT Blades

On 10/18/2011 2:32 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/18/11 1:52 PM, Leon wrote:
On 10/18/2011 11:59 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/18/11 11:24 AM, Jack wrote:
I hope it's better than my 8" Freud Dado set I bought earlier this
year.
I hate that sucker.

I bought a set and it worked great... perfectly flat bottoms.... for a
while. Now the bottoms are stair stepped.
I emailed the company... no reply.

Flat then not? Any broken teeth or arbor hole that is no longer 5/8"

No broken teeth. I can't imagine the hole growing. :-)

OR could the blade be thin enough to be falling down in the thread of
the arbor?

Arbor is plenty long enough to have blades sitting on un-threaded
portion, I believe.
In either case, the blades are pretty thick and would sit across several
threads.

Sounds like the hole on one, or more, of the chippers is no longer
concentric. Doesn't take much wear to do that, and considering the
quality, or lack thereof, of steel products these days ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010