Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest in Peace, Mr. Ritchie

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:25:01 -0500, Leon wrote:

90%.. Sorry!!! Misread everything. I was thinking mark up percentage.

As long as there is a cost involved a GP margin above 99.9% is all but
impossible.

If I buy an item for $1 and sell it for $2, that's a 100% *markup*. If I
sell it for $10 that's a 1000% markup, and if I sell it for $100 that's a
10,000% markup.

Even if my overhead is fifty cents, I'm still doing quite well at a
$10.00 price.

This may not be a profit percentage, but it's what most folks would
consider a profit.