Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Chimney experts: advice sought please- gas flue for wood burningstove?

On 18/10/2011 21:33, Tim Watts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Toby wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Just to add to that, base cost for 7m of good heavy single wall
stainless flue liner including installation (and removal of old gas
grade liner) was around £700.

Short chimney then. Mine cost 700 without installation..but the BCO
insisted on double wall. Which they probably would in this case also.

I keep seeing crazy prices for liners, there are places selling them for
a lot less, for example this one is £359 for 10 meters for 904 s/s.

http://www.stovesareus.co.uk/catalog...-904904-grade-

p-5911.html

Is this liner any different from one costing around £100 per meter!?

yes.

http://www.fireplaceproducts.co.uk/C...uble-Insulated

I am in no way connected with them, I am just in the market for a liner
myself for an Aga Little Wenlock SE!

oil/coal agas don't need anything like what a wood burner needs

Except the coal Aga can usually burn wood too - pretty sure the Little
Wenlock SE is dual mode.

This one is designed for wood, in a smoke control zone (where I am!)

"The stove is specifically designed to burn wood and burns it so
efficiently it meets the stringent requirements of the Clean Air Act.
Due to the low particulate emissions this product is fully approved to
burn wood in smoke control zones."

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply