Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default OT -- work bench light for van

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I have been trying to find a way to light my work bench for
a few minutes, when I have service calls and need light. A
dome light from a camper works fine, but draws a lot of 12
volt. Too much to run on two carbon zinc lantern batteries.
Runs for a while on alkaline lantern batteries, but
expensive. Used to run it off a battery booster pack, but
the internal cell went dead.

Fluorescent lights don't work when it's cold.

Either I need more amps, or a LED set up of some kind. I
havn't found the right answer, yet.

Might have to rig it into the starting battery, in the front
of the van.

Something will come to mind, I'm sure.

Just came back from a 99cent store and they have battery powered LED pucks for
closets. Could use as-is or probably wire them to your van battery