Grant P. Beagles

Default My Unisaw Saga

When I got my unisaw, the guys at Woodcraft told me that they got a 5 hp
PM66 in one time that was upside down on the pallet. Seems that the
shipping company had knocked it over. It broke off of the pallet, so they
repackaged it their way! Needless to say, that one went back.

Grant

B a r r y wrote:

On 1 Mar 2004 20:26:45 -0800, (DonkeyHody)
wrote:

They claim that in
almost every case, the shipper tipped the crate over. The cast iron
trunnion can't take the impact of the motor and arbor when it slams on
its side. I checked the crate, and sure enough, the slats were broken
where the saw bolted down to them.

I noticed that new Unisaw boxes in my local Woodcraft's warehouse have
shipping tilt "tell-tales" stuck on them. Now I know why.

Barry