Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on thehorizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On 10/17/2011 1:56 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 12:31:14 -0400, wrote:
Regardless, I don't want protected from myself, period.

So, you think motorcycles should be banned, and everyone riding in a car
should be forced to wear a NASCAR approved crash helmet, and so on and
so forth?

Don't put words in my mouth.

OK, let me put YOUR words back in:

"It's not 'protected from yourself' that matters. It's the fact that
your screwups cost the rest of society time, money and effort."

So my question is, do you think motorcycles should be banned, NASCAR
approved Crash helmet required and so on and so forth? What if one
wishes to climb a mountain, or go snow skiing, water skiing, and a
million other things people choose to do that puts them at greater risk,
"costs the rest of society time, money and effort".

No, I think if you're going to make
assinine statements like "I don't want protected from myself", then
you'd better be prepared to assume all financial responsibility. Since
that's an impossibility, as usual, what you have to say counts for
****.

Same goes for you if you want to ride a motorcycle or refuse to wear a
NASCAR approved crash helmet in a car.

Of course, you are too freaking stupid to see the point.

I have to ask myself, why am I debating with an idiot?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com