Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

We've finally reached a point where the blame is being assigned to the right
people. The destructive credit-swap and subprime mortgage games created the
financial crisis. There's a clear trail of blood that leads back to the
early deregulation of the 1980s when the middle class started taking the
hits that have led to their stagnant economic position and to the OWS.

You mean when the Dems were in charge of Congress? (Although in the
interests of fairness, I should point out that all of the Nastiness
pointed to in the laws were passed by large bipartisan majorities. As
has much deviltry over the years.

Finally, we're beginning to see economists and upcoming politicos like
Elizabeth Warren decimate Republican arguments that rebalancing the tax
burden means class warfare. The uber-wealthy didn't get rich entirely by
themselves. They benefited from roads, courts, public safety agencies, the
military and an education system paid for by taxes. Those who have
benefited the most should give back more than they have. Instead, they
continue to whine that "the rich paying less is good for everyone." The
trickle down BS of the 80's may finally be put to rest as people realize
that Wall Street's game is to privatize profits and socialize losses and the
only thing that trickles down is economic sewage.

And they pay for them. The top 20% (actually) pay a greater %age of
the income taxes than their %age of income.