Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Leaking Amerigas Propane Tank,--Amazing Service

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:38:46 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

Besides, it doesn't make sense. The tanks are deliberately underfilled

allow for expansion.

True, but the Blue Rhino tanks are under filled even more from what
they once were. I forget the numbers and never use them, but take a
look next time you go by one of their tank racks and you will see the
difference. Just like the 1.5 quart half gallons of ice cream and the
30 ounce quart jars of mayo, the gas companies are short counting.

I don't doubt that. Almost all the groceries I buy have been shrunken
somehow. I really notice this when frozen dinners burn in the microwave
because the cooking times I use were determined on larger packages. Even
worse, they must be cutting back on ingredient quality. My dog will no
longer lick the gravy from the Marie Callender's turkey dinner and she's
been known to eat poop. (-;

Hershey's is even selling chocolate kisses pumped up with air like a sponge
and touting that as a benefit. I'm just taking exception at the alleged
clarity and mathematical correctness of SM's comment:

As I understand, they are limited to 80% fill, which means
15 pounds in a 16 pounder. Still, comes up short.

To quote the robot from LIS, "That does not compute, Will Robinson."

--
Bobby G.