Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What would be a good commercial floor vacuum with power brush

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:21:56 -0400, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

On 10/16/2011 8:49 PM, Ignoramus23036 wrote:
I was vacuuming my floor at home today, using a power-brush type of
upright vacuum. I remarked to myself that it works very well.

In my warehouse, I would like the same thing, except I would prefer
something bigger, with rougher brushes, and something that would not
need bags. A shop-vac is nice, but lacks a scrubbing option.

I am sure that such things exist, can someone recommend something?

thanks

See if you can get your hands on a small used Tennant.
http://www.tennantco.com/am-en/Pages/default.aspx

"The Kid" works for Tennant. We bought a broken 24 volt floor scrubber
at auction for $200. He got parts at cost and made it like brand new
for another $200. The unit sells for $5600. We use it to scrub 2500
sq.ft. of the packing shed twice a week. Only takes a few minutes and
the concrete is clean enough to eat off of.

We had an oil spill, threw on floor dry, swept it up 15 minutes later,
then run the scrubber over it. No sign of spill.

Iggy, I KNOW you can find a used Tennant cheap. Now all you need to do
is bribe the kid with something you have and you're all set.

Karl

I'm in testing for a wire cutting gig for them now for some big cylinder
brushes.